Written by Karen Chandra
Algonquin and Lake in the Hills was well-represented at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday with 90 runners crossing the finish line.
The top male finisher from Algonquin and Lake in the Hills was Kevin Piefer, 42, of Algonquin, who finished with a time of 3:09.32. The top female finisher from the two communities was Brooke Domich, 33, of Lake in the Hills, who had a time of 3:13.31.
In total, 53 Algonquin runners participated in Sunday's marathon. The top male finishers from Algonquin were:
- Kevin Piefer, 42, finished with a time of 3:09.32. Piefer placed 1,597th overall.
- David Mullan, 55, finished with a time of 3:23.05. Mullan placed 3,037th overall.
- Marc Breese, 38, finished with a time of 3:27.04. Breese placed 3,630th overall.
- Christine Gates, 41, finished with a time of 3:43.49. Gates placed in 7,025th overall and in 1,575th place among all women competing.
- Elizabeth Brauneis, 25, finished with a time of 4:33.20. Brauneis placed 21,278th overall and in 7,621st place among all women competing.
- Erika Lindgren, 21, finished with a time of 4:34.20. She placed 21,574th overall and in 7,771st place among all women competing.
There were 37 total runners from Lake in the Hills that participated in Sunday's race. Here is a look at the top male finishers from LITH:
- David Manikowski, 50, finished with a time of 3:09.51. He placed in 1,626th overall.
- Seth Kopf, 31, finished with a time of 3:30.24. He finished in 4,318th place overall.
- Bolster, Douglas Bolster, 40, finished with a time of 3:56.16. He finished in 10,582nd place overall.
- Brooke Domich, 33, finished with a time of 3:13.31. She finished in 1,901st place overall and 226th place among all women.
- Susan Falbo, 47, finished with a time of 4:01.57. She finished in 12,511st place overall and 3,557th place among all women.
- Betsy Felde, 36, finished with a time of 4:05.01. She finished in 13,283rd place overall and 3,886th place among all women.
A record 39,115 runners finished the race in Grant Park on Sunday, according to Chicago Marathon officials.
Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto won the marathon, setting a course record of 02:03:45—53 seconds faster than last year's winning time. Winning on the women's side was Kenyan Rita Jeptoo, who finished in 02:19:15, the fastest women's marathon time in the world this year.
“It was an incredible day at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon—one where the results from the course reflected the hard work and determination that was put in by the staff, the volunteers and our City of Chicago partners to make the event possible,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski in a statement.
Source: Bank of America Chicago Marathon searchable results.
Did you compete in Sunday's race? Let us know how it went in the comments section. Do you know someone who participated in the race? Send them a congratulatory message by commenting below.
Amie Schaenzer contributed to this article.