Several District 158 teachers received Foundation Teacher Grants in recent weeks from the District 158 Education Foundation, according to a District 158 press release.
The foundation awarded a total of $11,790 for education programs across the district.
Grant winners from the 2012-2013 school year include:
- Jill Doles and fourth grade team, Leggee Elementary School, received $213.29 for the common core lesson book.
- Debra Ryan, Conley and Mackeben Elementary schools, received $3,135 for the expanding expression tool.
- Laura Jenkins, Huntley High School, received $175 for the math team contest fees.
- Jane Kantor, Martin Elementary School, received $3,000 for a library in a tablet.
- Britt Crowe, Conley Elementary School, received $1,338..24 for the music classroom libraries.
- Lisa Kunde, Leggee Elementary School, received $846.94 for interactive "SMART" tools.
- Jennifer Shamrylo and Trista Bialorucki, Chesak Elementary School, received $980.50 for everyday math through literature.
- Kelly Fusco, Conley Elementary School, received $720 for the Elmo document camera.
Source: District 158 press release
Applications not selected for funding have been placed online to provide an opportunity for local businesses and members of the community to adopt and fund even more innovative ideas. Visit the Fund A Need Program requests page at www.district158.org/education-foundation.