Several contested township races were up for election during a primary on Tuesday.
This included races in Algonquin Township and Grafton Township, which covers portions of Algonquin and Lake in the Hills in McHenry County.
Patch.com has information on preliminary results as well as articles from Tuesday's election:
- Algonquin Township Primary Election Results
- Grafton Township Primary Election Results
- Linda Moore Loses Grafton Township Primary; Voters Choose Pam Fender
Updated at 10 p.m. on Feb. 26.
A primary election will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 26.
Several contested township races will be up for election on Tuesday. This will include races in Algonquin Township and Grafton Township, which covers portions of Algonquin and Lake in the Hills in McHenry County.
Patch.com has more information on the various contested township races up for election and will be updating results for each of the races later Tuesday night:
- Algonquin Township Primary Election Races and Results
- Grafton Township Primary Election Races and Results
- How to register to vote.
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, go to the McHenry County Clerk's website and enter your information (or see attached sample ballots). For those in Kane County, visit the Kane County Clerk's website.
- Polling locations: The Illinois State Board of Elections has a search option for polling places.
- Early Voting has begun. Here is more information on early voting in McHenry County as well as more information on voting early in Kane County. Absentee voting is available in McHenry Countyand Kane County.
- Voters do not need to be registered as Republicans to vote in the primary election.