Deputies responding to a noise complaint at 3 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, on Huntley Road in Crystal Lake eventually arrested one homeowner and eight minors in what appeared to be an underage drinking party.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the 8400 block of Huntley Road and met with several people outside the home, and saw that several of them appeared to be under the age of 21, according to a McHenry County Sheriff's Office news release.
At the completion of the deputies' investigation, eight juveniles were issued citations for underage drinking.
Ernesto Figueroa, 23, of 8405 Huntley Rd., Crystal Lake, was arrested and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. His bond was set at $1,500, and he is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 19, the release stated.
Those individuals who were 18 were released to a parent or guardian. Transportation for those over 18 years of age was arranged with sober drivers.
The following teenagers were charged with unlawful consumption of alcoholic beverage by a minor:
1. Juan J. Menjivar, 19, 5500 block of Savy Drive, Lake in the Hills
2. Daniel Diaz, 19, 5400 block of Alexandria Drive, Lake in the Hills
3. Maritza Bueno, 18, 400 block of Blackhawk Ave., Carpentersville
4. Vivian S. Sanchez-Flores, 20, 400 block of Brandy Drive, Crystal Lake
5. Male Juvenile, 16, Carpentersville
6. Male Juvenile, 17, Carpentersville
7. Female Juvenile, 15, Carpentersville
8. Female Juvenile, 15, Carpentersville
The teens are scheduled to appear in court Sept. 16, 2013.