William L. Ilkka, 23, of the 7500 block of Birch Dr., was arrested at 10 p.m. Oct. 22, and charged with:
- Unlawful possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver
- Unlawful possession of a controlled substance
- Unlawful Possession of Hypodermic Syringe
- Unlawful Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Driving Under the Influence/Intoxicating Compound
- Driving While License Suspended
- Unlawful Possession of Cannabis
- Disobeying a Traffic Control Device
- Traffic Improper Lane Usage
Investigators from the McHenry County Sheriff's Office were traveling behind a grey 1999 Ford Ranger pickup truck westbound on Route 120, when they saw the driver fail to stop at the stop light.
They pulled Ilkka, the driver, over and determined he was operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. Investigators also suspected Ilkka was driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to a Sheriff's Office news release.
After Ilkka failed several field sobriety tests, he was taken into custody.
While conducting a search of the vehicle, investigators discovered Ilkka was in possession of drug paraphernalia, cannabis, hypodermic syringes, and 11 baggies containing heroin which had a combined weight of 3.6 grams, the Sheriff's release stated.
Bond was set at $80,000 for Ilkka, and he is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 25.