Police responded to several reports of vehicle break-ins that apparently occurred overnight Saturday in Lake in the Hills.
In total, nine different reports were taken of vehicle break-ins and burglaries, according to the Lake in the Hills Police Department’s daily bulletin (see the attached PDF to the right of this story).
Anyone with tips on crimes committed in Lake in the Hills can call the police department's non-emergency number at (847) 658-5676 or submit a tip online. For emergency situations, call 9-1-1.
The daily bulletin from Sunday listed the following break-ins and burglaries:
- Items were removed from a motor vehicle in the 400 block of Thunder Ridge overnight Saturday. The report was made around 11:39 a.m. Sunday and the incident is under investigation.
- An unknown subject reportedly entered two vehicles in the 400 block of Harvest Gate overnight Saturday. No report was filed for those incidents.
- An unknown subject entered a vehicle in the 80 block of Polaris Drive at some point overnight Saturday. A report was filed with police around 8:02 a.m. Sunday and is under investigation.
- A vehicle was entered in the 70 block of Polaris Drive. A report was filed with police and is under investigation.
- Items were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Polaris Drive. A report was filed around 6:35 a.m. and turned over to investigations.
- A vehicle was entered in the 100 block of Polaris Drive. No report was filed.
- Two additional unlocked vehicles were reportedly broken into in the 100 block of Polaris Drive and items were taken from both. Both of those reports were filed around 7:09 a.m. and turned over to investigations.