.

Overloaded Electrical Outlet Starts Fire at Riverview Restaurant

Fire broke out at Riverview Restaurant in Algonquin late Tuesday evening.

An overloaded electrical outlet is suspected as the cause for a fire late Tuesday night at Riverview Restaurant in Algonquin.

The Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District was dispatched for an activated alarm at the restaurant at 1320 S. Main St. at 10:33 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, according to a news release issued by Batt. Chief John Knebl.

A restaurant employee told the communications dispatcher that an electrical fire was discovered in an upstairs office, and staffers were attempting to put out the fire with an extinguisher, Knebl said.  

First arriving crews were on the scene at 10:37 p.m., and found the restaurant evacuated with no smoke or fire visible. Fire crews investigated the building, checked for fire extension and determined the fire to be out, Knebl said.

This fire was investigated and was determined to be an overloaded electrical outlet, the release states.  

Damages are estimated at $3,000.

The Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District received assistance from Carpentersville and Crystal Lake Fire Departments.



Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »