Lake in the Hills Police arrested an Elgin man on Sunday for unlawful possession of a handgun after a routine traffic stop.
Ryan T. Graf, 29, was arrested and charged with several offenses after he made an illegal left turn at 3:56 a.m. Feb. 17, near White Castle, 241 N. Randall Rd., according to LITH Police Sgt. Mark Smith.
After he was pulled over, Graf consented to a police search of his vehicle, Smith said.
During the search, LITH Police found a Springfield XD40 handgun, for which Graf did not have a Firearms Owner Idenfication (FOID) card, Smith said.
Police also found cannabis and drug paraphernalia.
Graf was charged with the following offenses:
- Unlawful use of a weapon
- Unlawful possession of a firearm without a FOID
- Possession of 2.5 to 10 grams cannabis
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Disobeying a traffic control device
- No drivers license on his person
Graf was released on bond.