No Valid Driver's License/Accident
Police arrested a 24-year-old Crystal Lake man at 10:03 p.m. Saturday on charges of driving without a valid driver's license, improper lane use and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at Virginia and Rakow roads. The man later was released on bond.
Police responded to , 2265 W. Algonquin Road, at 2:37 p.m. Saturday for a fraud report. Police learned a credit card was used for an unlawful transaction. The report was being investigated by a Lake in the Hills police officer.
Accidents During Friday Snowstorm
Police responded to four crashes Friday. The crashes occurred at:
- 11:16 a.m. at Randall and Miller roads involving two vehicles and property damage.
- 1:46 p.m. at Randall and Miller roads involving two vehicles and property damage.
- 4:01 p.m. at , 343 N. Randall Road involving two vehicles and property damage.
- 5:40 p.m. at Randall and Miller roads involving two vehicles and property damage.
Police are investigating a report at 8:35 p.m. Friday of a burglary at a home in the 500 block of S. Annandale Drive. An unknown person reportedly forced entry into the home.
Retail Theft Arrests
Police arrested a 20-year-old Round Lake man and a 21-year-old Round Lake man at , 101 N. Randall Road, at 11:40 p.m. Thursday. The 20-year-old man was charged with retail theft and was given a notice to appear for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor. The 21-year-old was charged with retail theft. Both men later were released on bond.
Police arrested a 19-year-old Lake in the Hills man at 7:19 p.m. Thursday on charges of mob action, aggravated assault and disorderly conduct related to an incident at , 2126 W. Algonquin Road. The man was taken to McHenry County Jail.
Motor Vehicle Burglaries
Police received three reports of motor vehicle burglaries Thursday morning.
- At 12:02 a.m., a stereo faceplate and global positioning system unit were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 20 block of Wander Way.
- At 7:03 a.m., money was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Pheasant Trail.
- At 7:27 a.m., a theft from an unlocked vehicle was reported in the 100 block of Oakleaf Road.
Information for Police
Police received a report of a suspicious white van at , 200 S. Annandale Drive, at 3:41 p.m. Thursday.