.

Algonquin Man Injured in Apartment Fire

An Algonquin man suffered burns on his neck following an apartment fire Friday night in downtown Algonquin.

Fire at 102 S. Main St. in Algonquin. Photo credit: Tyler Tobolt.
Fire at 102 S. Main St. in Algonquin. Photo credit: Tyler Tobolt.
An Algonquin man was transported to the hospital on Friday night after a fire likely rendered his apartment at 102 S. Main St., Algonquin, uninhabitable, the Northwest Herald reports. The victim suffered minor burns on his neck and the singes on his head.

The fire started at about 7 p.m. Jan. 24, on the ground floor of the older two-story building in the heart of the downtown. The homeowner's pet rabbit suffered minor injuries, and his pet turtle appeared to have survived the blaze, the story stated. Other tenants in the building were able to return to their units. 

Debbie Mitchell January 26, 2014 at 08:37 AM
In related news, 2 firefighters were arrested, at the scene, for placing bets on which animal would make it out safely first. "The tortoise or the hare!"

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something