Crystal Lake Police conducted a sting operation at three businesses on Wednesday, Dec. 11.
They were assisted by officers from the McHenry County Sheriff's Office, Kane County Sheriff's Office, and agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to a news release issued by Crystal Lake Police Cmdr. Dan Dziewior.
The investigation focused on three Crystal Lake businesses operating as day spas or massage facilities, Dziewior said.
The investigation was prompted by citizens complaining of suspicious and, at times, suspected criminal activity.
Officers acting in an undercover capacity posed as customers at the following businesses, all located within Crystal Lake:
- Marigolds Massage, 2 Crystal Lake Plaza
- Blue Sky Spa, 631 North Route 31
- Aleda Massage, 1500 Carlemont Drive
During transactions at these businesses, employees engaged in sexual acts with undercover officers in exchange for payment, Dziewior said.
"There was no offer, verbal or otherwise (by the officers), but the offenders began to perform acts, and were immediately stopped and placed under arrest," Dziewior said.
All four women were found to not possess a valid Illinois Massage License as required, he said. Three were charged with prostitution.
This investigation culminated in the arrests of the following women:
- Chom Peloquin, 56, of Crystal Lake: Charged with prostitution and violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
- Sun Guifen, 49, of Crystal Lake: Charged with a violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
- Li Huang, 43, of Crystal Lake: Charged with prostitution and a violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
- Lijuan Pan, 48, of Crystal Lake: Charged with prostitution and violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
Additional charges and arrests are expected as numerous violations of city Ordinances pertaining to building codes were also discovered, Dziewior said.