"Five Things you Need to Know" is a Patch column that provides readers with information at a glance on the upcoming day.
Temperatures will reach a high of 68 degrees Wednesday and sunny skies are expected in the Algonquin and Lake in the Hills area. Temperatures are expected to be around 51 degrees at 6 a.m.
On the Border at the Algonquin Commons in Algonquin will donate 10 percent of sales on food and nonalcoholic beverages during lunch and dinner Wednesday to the Alexander Leigh Center for Autism, according to the Algonquin Commons Facebook page.
While National Coffee Day is not until Saturday, some businesses are celebrating early this week. On Wednesday, Einstein Bagels is offering 50 percent off a cafe latte. A coupon from Dunkin' Donuts offers a small hot or iced latte for 99 cents through Sept. 30. Many more deals from businesses will be available later this week, according to MSN.com.
For those of you prepping for fall landscaping projects, the village of Algonquin has mulch available at its Public Works facility, 110 Meyer Drive in Algonquin, according to the village of Algonquin Facebook page. It's free for Algonquin residents.
There are three free informational sessions being held starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday through the Algonquin Area Public Library. Pre-registration is required for all of the sessions.
- Take Charge Illinois: Credit Card Education will teach attendees how to credit card comparison shop, understand credit card statements and review your credit scores and history.
- A Beginning Genealogy session will be held at the Eastgate branch, 115 Eastgate St., and at the library's main branch, 2600 Harnish Drive. Both sessions start at 7 p.m. Attendees will learn how to get started researching your ancestors using family papers, online sources and original records.
Is there something you would like to share with the community? Here are several easy ways to use Patch.com to stay connected with those in Algonquin and Lake in the Hills:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.
What else is happening in the community today? Tell us in the comments' section below.