"Five Things you Need to Know" is a Patch column that provides readers with information at a glance on the upcoming day.
Mostly sunny skies are expected to turn to mostly cloudy skies Thursday afternoon with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms, according to WeatherBug.com. High temperatures will reach 73 degrees. Chance of rain is 40 percent.
If you are feeling thirsty this Thursday, there are several area bars and restaurants that will be offering specials.
- The Fire Bar & Grill, 435 Angela Lane in Crystal Lake, will have dueling pianos on Thursday, according to the business's Facebook page. Specials include: Bud Light drafts, $2 pints and $3 tall; $5 signature martinis; $7.99 chicken kabob entree, according to the Fire Bar website.
- Moretti's Ristorante & Pizzeria, 220 N. Randall Road in Lake in the Hills, has half-off appetizers from 4 to 6 p.m., buy one pasta and get one to go, $3 Miller Lite 22-ounce drafts, $4 Miller Lite aluminum pints, $3.50 long island iced tea and more, according to Moretti's website.
- Specials at 8 South Main St. in Algonquin, will include: $5 mai tai, bartender's choice $5 martini, lamb special (details and pricing daily), and before 5:30 p.m., $1 tacos with a purchase of a drink, according to the Martinis on Main website.
- Duke's Alehouse, 110 North Main St. in Crystal Lake, will host the Rick and Jim Jazz Duo from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., according to Duke's website. Specials include: $5 do-it-yourself flat bread pizzas, $3 22-ounce Coors Light drafts, $5 22-ounce Blue Moons and $2 off drinks on Duke's cocktail menu.
If you are a business owner or manager and have a special you would like to share with the community, leave a comment below.
The village of Lake in the Hills is currently taking nominees for its annual Halloween house-decorating contest, according to the village of LITH Fall Brochure. You can nominate your own house or your neighbor's home by calling the village at 847-960-7460.
Conley Elementary School is looking for the public's help. The school is aiming to get the public to vote for Conley in a nationwide contest put on by U.S. Cellular that will award thousands of dollars to the schools that get the top votes. Learn more about how to vote for Conley in today's Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Patch article.
Free branch and leaf pick-up is now available in Algonquin. Find out more about this free program in this Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Patch article.
Is there something you would like to share with the community? Here are several easy ways to use Patch.com to stay connected with those in Algonquin and Lake in the Hills:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.
What else is happening in the community today and this week? Tell us in the comments' section.