Many of you will have Monday, Sept. 2 off work to celebrate Labor Day.
But for those who will want to get out and about in Algonquin and Lake in the Hills, here is a look at what will be open and closed on the holiday.
If you are a business owner, let us know in the comments section if your business will be opened or closed.
- Village of Lake in the Hills: The village hall and public works department will be closed on Labor Day. There will be no waste collection on Labor Day and pick-up will be delayed by one day.
- Village of Algonquin: The Ganek Municipal Center and Public Works Facility in Algonquin will be closed onMonday, September 2, in observance of Labor Day. Waste Management refuse, recycling, and yard waste collection will be delayed by one day for the entire week with Monday routes collected on Tuesday.
- County offices: All McHenry County administrative offices will be closed on Labor Day.
- Banks: Most banks will be closed on Labor Day. Check with your local branch for hours of operation.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on Labor Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Emergency: Always call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
- Schools: All area public schools will be closed for Labor Day. District 155, 158, 47 and 300 offices will also be closed on Monday.
- Library: Both Algonquin Area Public library branches will be closed on Sunday and Monday. In addition, the branch at 2600 Harnish Drive in Algonquin will be closed from Tuesday, Sept. 3, through Thursday, Sept. 5 for an ongoing construction project.
- Shopping: Most shopping centers in Algonquin and Lake in the Hills will be open on Labor Day.
- Metra Schedule: The Metra will be operating on a Sunday/holiday schedule on Labor Day. Visit the Metra Northwest line online schedule for more information.