Not sure what to get your dad for Father's Day? Need a gift for the man who has everything? Whether he is a sports nut, car or food lover - there is a gift idea for him on this list.
1. Sports memorabilia items. Visit Dick's Sporting Goods in Algonquin, 1816 S. Randall Rd.; Kohls, 734 S. Randall Rd., in Algonquin; or even Walmart, 1410 S. Randall Rd., in Algonquin to find licensed sports apparel. Get your dad something that shows his love for his favorite sports team!
2. Clean his car. Surprise
dad and shine up his car for him!
Pick up some AmorAll for the interior, tire cleaner and Nu Finish car polish for the exterior and get to work. You will be giving him a gift he will love for under $30. Visit Auto Zone online or visit the Auto Zone at 3 Crystal Lake Rd., Lake in the Hills.
Take it one step further and pick up a 10" buffer for $34.99 for the exterior. You can give him the buffer after you've used it so he can polish his car throughout the year.
3. Barbecue gift basket. If
your dad is a "Grill Master" pick up some of his favorite meats (prices
vary) from your local butcher and make a gift basket for him. Check out Butcher on the Block, 4660 W. Algonquin Rd., in Lake in the Hills.
4. Lottery tickets. Stop by any convenience store and pick up lottery tickets. You never know how much they will be worth! Make it personal and choose numbers special to your family, such as birth or anniversary dates.
5. Tee Time! Get dad a gift certificate for a round of golf. Local courses include:
- Golf Club of Illinois in Algonquin
- Red Tail Golf Club in Lakewood
- Prairie Isle in Crystal Lake
- Old Top Golf Course in Crystal Lake
- Whisper Creek Golf Course in Huntley
- Pinecrest Golf Course in Huntley
- Chalet Hills Golf Club in Cary
- Foxford Hills Golf Club in Cary
- Cary Country Club in Cary
Spend a little more and rent dad a golf cart, too.
6. Memory Box. If you want to go the sentimental route, get a great box at a collectible store, and fill it with pictures and other items that recall years past. You'll bring dad down memory lane, and maybe cause a few tears of joy! Don't forget to include a handwritten note telling dad how special he is to you.
Do you have other ideas on what to get dad this Father's Day? Share them with your neighbors in the comments section below!Stephanie Price contributed to this article.