Huntley will welcome the holiday season this weekend with its annual Christmas on the Square festival, which will be held on Saturday, Dec. 7.
There are plenty of family friendly activities taking place with events being held at James C. Dhamer Town Square; the Huntley American Legion Hall, 11712 Coral St; First Congregational Church, 1628 E Main St, Huntley; the Huntley Chamber offices, 11704 Coral St.; and Trinity Lutheran Church, 11008 Church St.
Here is a look at the full schedule of events:
- Indoor Farmers Market at First Congregational Church from noon to 5 p.m.: Shop the farmers market and stock up on all your favorite non-produce items for your holiday entertaining and for the winter.
- Kris Kringle Market on the Square from noon to 5 p.m.: Shop the Craft Fair and Huntley Home Based Businesses for an assortment of gifts for friends and family. Perfect for all your holiday parties and holiday gift buying.
- Cookie Walk from noon to 5 p.m. at First Congregational Church: Sponsored by the 1st Congregational Handbell Choir. Come early to get the best selection of your favorite Christmas Cookies to eat, give as gifts, or freeze for the holidays. Cookies will be sold for only $6.00 per pound.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale from noon to 5 p.m. in the American Legion Hall: Shop for a wide variety of great books.
- Kids Crafts from noon to 3 p.m. at the American Legion Hall: Bring the kids to make a holiday craft (free) – sponsored by the Huntley Park District.
- The Reading of Classic Christmas Stories from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the American Legion Hall: Shop the book sale while the kids listen to the reading of classic holiday stories.
- Visit with Mrs. Claus from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Huntley Chamber of Commerce Offices
- FREE Hayrides from noon to 4 p.m.: sponsored by Tom’s Farm and the Village of Huntley. Be sure to bundle up for this nice long ride.
- Live Nativity: Watch Trinity Lutheran Church perform a live nativity in front of their church on Church Street.
- Christmas Tree Decorations Contest Voting from noon to 4 p.m.: Bring your spare change (paper money accepted as well) and vote for your favorite decorated Christmas Tree. The three (3) coffee can with the most donations wins and all funds collected will go to the Grafton Food Pantry.
- Seasonal Handbell Music provided by the Whitechapel Handbell Choir of the First Congregational Church at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Holiday Lights Parade starts at 4 p.m.: 2013 Theme is Classic Holiday Stories. Bundle up and watch the parade kick off from Ol’ Timer Park travel south on Church Street to Main Street to Woodstock Street and end on Coral Street. The parade will conclude with the arrival of Santa at which time there will be caroling, free hot chocolate and the lighting of the Christmas tree and the Town Square.
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree in the Gazebo is at 4:30 p.m.
- FREE Pictures with Santa from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Gazebo sponsored by Jenn Kinney Photography