You've started buying bags of candy (and may need to replenish if anyone in your family has found them).
So, now, what time are kids allowed to trick-or-treat in Algonquin for Halloween this year?
The Village of Algonquin has announced Halloween trick-or-treating hours are from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31.
The Algonquin Police Department recommends the following tips for a safe and fun Halloween:
Tips for Kids:
- Travel in groups, or go with a parent.
- Wear something that lights up such as a glow necklace or reflective tape, or use a flashlight.
- Only go to well-lit houses.
- Always go to the front door.
- Do not approach strange vehicles for any reason.
- Parents should always inspect candy before it's eaten.
- If you cannot join your child, know your child's trick-or-treat route.
Remember to turn a porch light on if you are home and will be handing out treats.
Have a safe, fun, and happy Halloween!