Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital honored seven nurses with its annual Nursing Excellence Awards for their leadership, skill and compassion in areas including education, leadership and volunteerism.
The nurses were recognized during a reception and ceremony at Good Shepherd Hospital. The 2014 Nursing Excellence Award winners are:
- Lindsay Olivia, RN, in the 4 Center Medical/Surgical Unit from Crystal Lake, IL. Awarded theNurse of the Year Advanced Beginner for making a seamless transition from student to graduate nurse. She also demonstrates outstanding clinical skills tempered with a caring and compassion attitude.
- Cheryl Perry, RN Care Manager in the Care Management Services department from Hanover Park, IL. Awarded the Nurse of the Year Collaborative Professional for demonstrating compassion to patients and their families; mentors new hires and strives for positive change.
- Lisa Moran, RN Clinician III in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) from Lake In The Hills, IL. Awarded the Nurse of the Year Education Award for facilitating a Pacemaker Project by researching the current evidence-based practice and assisting her peers in learning the process. She also spends extra time educating her patients insuring they understand by building strong connections with her patients.
- Penny Gainer, RN Clinician II in the 4 Center Medical/Surgical Unit from Cary, IL. Awarded theNurse of the Year Leadership Award for making her patients feel safe and comfortable since she passionately cares about her patient’s well-being.
- Kristen Clack RN in the Cardiac Care Unit from Round Lake, IL. Awarded the Nurse of the Year Volunteerism Award for starting a Facebook page collecting coats for the homeless in Chicago. She also ran the Chicago marathon to raise money for homes for people in Africa.
- Eleanor Martinez, RN in the Emergency Department from Carpentersville, IL. Awarded theNurse of the Year Volunteerism Award for volunteering at the Chicago Marathon’s medical tent serving as a nurse caring for the runners.
- Jane Witkowski RN in the Cath Lab from North Barrington, IL. Awarded the Nurse of the Year Magnetism Award for her constant support and enthusiasm as Good Shepherd Hospital pursued and achieved Magnet designation.