Facebook.com is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family.
It's also serving as a platform for sharing favorite recipes. Some dishes are delish, and others don't live up to the endorsements and accompanying photographs.
Bottom line, you won't know how good the recipe is until you taste it. Here's a recipe that's perfect for the fall season.
Pumpkin Wow Cake
• 1 Box yellow cake mix
• 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
• 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (fat-free is OK)
• 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
• ½ bag Heath Bits
• Caramel Sundae Sauce
1. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
2. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish, and bake at 350º, according to the directions on the cake mix box (about 23-28 minutes).
3. Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
4. Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Remove cake from refrigerator and spread Cool Whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on Heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. (Use about ¼ of the jar - thin first by heating it in the microwave).
8. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight.