There are people and organizations who need the help of willing volunteers in the Algonquin and Lake in the Hills area.
And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," and the Volunteer Center of McHenry County for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at some of those opportunities:
- Challenger Learning Center for Science & Technology is looking for several volunteers to help with its weekly field trips. These volunteers would be facilitators in the Edventure Center in Woodstock and would be working with 4th- to 6th-grade students five hours per day. Read more on the Volunteer Center's website
- On Angels' Wings, Inc. is looking for volunteers at its thrift store in Crystal Lake to help with donations, sorting, pricing and displaying the merchandise. Read more on the Volunteer Center's website.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association is looking for volunteers to assist at its lock-up event on Oct. 31 at Nick's Pizza & Pub, 856 Pyott Road in Crystal Lake. MDA is looking for volunteers to help set up the event site, take photos, help with registration, get pledge slips ready for mailing, tear down after event as well as mingle with attendees. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- Trojan Track and Cross Country Association is looking for distance running advocates to help out at the Trout Valley Turkey Trot.
- Heartland Hospice is looking for caring individuals to bring comfort to a hospice patient in McHenry County. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- Open Doors Animal Inc. at 403 N. 8th St. in West Dundee is looking for animal care volunteers at its adoption center.The center is looking for part-time help needed with light cleaning duties; as well as light grooming and socializing duties. Read more on the Volunteer Match website.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is looking for volunteers to assist with its Out of the Darkness Chicagoland Walk, which will be held on Sept. 29 in Cary. Read more on volunteermatch.org.