And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- Senior Care Volunteer Network is looking for help beautifying the lawns of seniors in need. The senior care volunteer network is also looking for drivers, residents willing to be senior companions, a photographer at special events and much more.
- Open Doors Animal Inc in West Dundee is looking for an animal care volunteer to work with cats at its adoption center.
- Children's Home + Aid is looking for a Children's Program Specialist in Crystal Lake to run the child care portion of its Parents Care Share program.
- Heartland Hospice is looking for caring individuals to bring comfort to a hospice patient in McHenry County.
- Citizens for Conservation in Barrington is looking for conservation volunteers to perform a variety of tasks, some seasonal.