And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association is looking for volunteers to assist at its lock-up event on Oct. 31 at Nick's Pizza & Pub, 856 Pyott Road in Crystal Lake. MDA is looking for volunteers to help set up the event site, take photos, help with registration, get pledge slips ready for mailing, tear down after event as well as mingle with attendees. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- Heartland Hospice is looking for caring individuals to bring comfort to a hospice patient in McHenry County. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- Senior Care Volunteer Network is looking for help beautifying the lawns of seniors in need. The senior care volunteer network is also looking for drivers, residents willing to be senior companions, a photographer at special events and much more.
- Children's Home + Aid is looking for a Children's Program Specialist in Crystal Lake to run the child care portion of its Parents Care Share program.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is looking for volunteers to assist with its Out of the Darkness Chicagoland Walk, which will be held on Sept. 29 in Cary. Read more on volunteermatch.org.