Welcome to Job Central, our weekly column listing local job advertisements and descriptions.
We scoured the Web to bring you a selection of local job ads, but if we left anything out, please don't hesitate to add the details in the comments section. Most listings were found via Indeed.com.
- The Environmental Protection Agency in Cook County is looking for an Office Assistant. The position will perform a variety of clerical functions. Get more information here.
- The village of Deer Park is seeking a village clerk. Get more information online.
- The Mundelein Animal Hospital is looking for a full-time receptionist.
- McHenry County Government Center in Woodstock is seeking a juvenile probation officer.
- Centegra Health System in Woodstock is hiring a nutrition aide.
- AMC Entertainment in South Barrington is hiring film crew associates. The purpose of the position is to "deliver superior service while connecting with our guests and supporting efforts to achieve AMC’s financial goals." Responsibilities include: Exhibit excellent guest service skills, answer guest questions, enforce the movie ratings system by checking IDs and more. Apply for the position online.
- UPS in Palatine is looking for a part-time dockworker. The position is "a physical position that involves moving freight into and out of trailers in a timely manner, by handling the freight manually, or using a forklift or hand truck. Forklift experience is not required but preferred." Apply for the position online.
- The city of Crystal Lake is hiring a planner for its department of community development. Responsilibities include: "Current Planning, including development reviews and zoning cases, zoning administration, long-range planning, business attraction and retention, marketing and promotion of the City, service as a liaison with the local business community, commercial real estate professionals, elected officials and city staff." Apply for the position on the city of Crystal Lake website.
- Crystal Lake Community Consolidated School District 47 is hiring a part-time school administrative assistant at Glacier Ridge Elementary School. "The goal of this position is to provide a positive first impression of the school community for all parents/faculty/visitors who enter the building, providing them with information regarding school business, as requested. In addition, this position maintains and implements a variety of office related responsibilities in an effort to assist building administration in the management of the school day." Apply for this position online.
- Advocate Health in Elgin is hiring a registrar for its emergency room. Responsibilities include: interviewing all patients to obtain necessary registration information, processing the information into the medical center business computer system, explaining and obtaining signatures on appropriate forms and more. Apply for this position online.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Libertyville is looking for a coder who will "consult and assist physicians with the identification of necessary documentation for appropriate assignment and proper sequencing of diagnoses and procedures codes." Other responsibilities include collaborating "with patient accounts, registration, case managers and other clinical areas to provide coding reimbursement expertise; identifies and resolves incorrect registration issues" Apply for the position online.