The below information comes from a District 300 press release.
District 300 is offering a new way for parents and students to stay connected while on the go.
The D300 mobile app is live and available for download. It is available for free on the App Store and Google Play. Search for District 300 or D300. For more information on other mobile devices, click here.
Click here to watch a 3-minute tutorial video that shows you how to get the most from this powerful communication tool.
Even if you don’t currently have children at District 300 schools, the app will let parents stay in tune with D300 musicals, sports scores, and special events; get connected with your elected School Board; and quickly receive your D300 news all in one place.
If you are a current parent, staff member, or student, the app will make your life a little easier and a lot more convenient.
Here are some of the features the new app will offer:
- NEWS: Instantly receive all D300 news releases on your phone. You can customize the news feed to include district-level news as well as school-specific news.
- CALENDAR: Stay up to date on important D300 calendar items, such as early releases, late starts, parent-teacher conferences, and Board meetings. Also, you can personalize your calendar to receive school dates as well as performing arts events. Easily add any calendar item to your mobile device with the click of a button.
- SPORTS: Ready, set, keep SCORE! Use the app to find out how your favorite D300 teams did on the field and when their next games are scheduled.
- NOTIFICATIONS: Receive and store emergency and general messages from the D300 Rapid Communication System (RCS). As with many of the app’s other features, you can customize this feed to include both district and school-level messages, even if you don’t have children in our school system.
- DIRECTORY: The interactive staff listing for each school and the D300 Central Office allows you to easily generate an email or make a call directly from your phone. The directory also includes contact information for School Board members along with their biographies and committee assignments.
- SAFETY TIPLINE: As an extension of our existing safety hotline (847.551.8477), the app will let you easily report any safety concerns in our schools. You can even include photos with your tip as well as your precise location to assist authorities.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Jump onto any of the CUSD300 social networking sites – Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook – straight from the app. Schools with social media sites can also include them on the district app.
- STUDENT INFO: Parents and guardians can enter this secure site to access student information such as attendance, academic progress, assignment status, cafeteria balance, and other helpful data. Parents can even choose to receive alerts if their child’s grade drops. Later this month (August 2013), parents will receive an email and/or letter from ParentLink providing them with login information to begin using the student info icon. (Note: The student info icon on the D300 app is NOT related to the Infinite Campus Parent/Student Portal. While the app and the Parent/Student Portal provide similar information, the login info will be different.)