Invite a friend
Take a winter trip to the "Land Down Under!"
From sophisticated cities to rugged outback, the "Land Down Under" is filled with abundant wildlife and a rich history. Writer-photographer, Cynthia Clampitt, focuses on the six-month, 20,000-mile, journey that is the subject of her award-winning book, "Waltzing Australia."
Registration is required to attend this program. Please register in the Library or online at www.aapld.org.
|Where||Algonquin Area Public Library District 2600 Harnish Dr, Algonquin, IL 60102|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Algonquin Area Public Library District
The Algonquin Public Library was founded in 1920 at a different location, with 126 books and $600 for a book fund. The main branch of the Algonquin Area Public Library on Harnish Drive reached its 1 millionth circulation in 2008 and since has continued to expand. In one month, this library can serve more than 44,000 patrons. The library runs programs for children and adults such as readings, story times and book discussion groups. It also offers meeting rooms which can be used for public purposes.
Other events here
- The Lazy Gardener: Efficiency in the Garden Today, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Family Storytime Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Excel I Tomorrow, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Locked in the Library Fri, May 24, 5:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Family Storytime- Animal Tales Sat, May 25, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- 1,001 Books Before Kindergarten Weekly on Mondays,
- Dance Party Tue, May 28, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- MarioKart Tournament @ Eastgate Branch Wed, May 29, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Windows Basics Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- End of the School Year Book Swap Thu, May 30, 4:00 pm–6:00 pm