Invite a friend
The History of Thanksgiving
What foods were really on the first Thanksgiving Day table and how and why did the Pilgrims celebrate?
Caryle Derenfeld of Learned Conversations will lead the discussion.
Registration is required to attend this program. Participants may register in the Library or online at www.aapld.org.
|Where||Algonquin Area Public Library District 2600 Harnish Dr, Algonquin, IL 60102|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Algonquin Area Public Library District
The Algonquin Public Library was founded in 1920 at a different location, with 126 books and $600 for a book fund. The main branch of the Algonquin Area Public Library on Harnish Drive reached its 1 millionth circulation in 2008 and since has continued to expand. In one month, this library can serve more than 44,000 patrons. The library runs programs for children and adults such as readings, story times and book discussion groups. It also offers meeting rooms which can be used for public purposes.
Other events here
- After-Hours Study Night Tomorrow, May 19, 1:00 pm–9:00 pm
- 1,001 Books Before Kindergarten Weekly on Mondays,
- The Hidden Internet Mon, May 20, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Yu-Gi-Oh Game Night Mon, May 20, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Using a Digital Camera & Scanner in Genealogical Research Tue, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Lazy Gardener: Efficiency in the Garden Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Family Storytime Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Excel I Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Locked in the Library Fri, May 24, 5:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Family Storytime- Animal Tales Sat, May 25, 10:00 am–10:30 am