Invite a friend
President's Day Book Swap
Youth Department event!
Does your room have books everywhere? Do you have books that you know you won't read again? Bring your gently used paperbacks to our book swap and trade your books for someone else's.
Please note that only gently used children's books with minimal wear and tear will be accepted at this event. Water damaged, ink marked, torn/missing pages, coloring/activity books, etc. cannot be accepted. Please limit the number of books your bring to 15 or less per a child.
No registration is required for this event. Just drop in!
|Where||Algonquin Area Public Library District 2600 Harnish Dr, Algonquin, IL 60102|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||3:00 pm–6:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Algonquin Area Public Library District
The Algonquin Public Library was founded in 1920 at a different location, with 126 books and $600 for a book fund. The main branch of the Algonquin Area Public Library on Harnish Drive reached its 1 millionth circulation in 2008 and since has continued to expand. In one month, this library can serve more than 44,000 patrons. The library runs programs for children and adults such as readings, story times and book discussion groups. It also offers meeting rooms which can be used for public purposes.
Other events here
- The Hidden Internet Today, May 20, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Yu-Gi-Oh Game Night Today, May 20, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Using a Digital Camera & Scanner in Genealogical Research Tomorrow, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Lazy Gardener: Efficiency in the Garden Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Family Storytime Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Excel I Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Locked in the Library Fri, May 24, 5:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Family Storytime- Animal Tales Sat, May 25, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- 1,001 Books Before Kindergarten Weekly on Mondays,
- Dance Party Tue, May 28, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm