The Algonquin Area Public Library and The American Red Cross are working together to save lives!
On Monday, October 29, 2012 from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm, the Algonquin area Public Library will be hosting their annual blood drive at the Harnish Main Library at 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin, Illinois 60102.
Register to give blood at our Annual Blood Drive! In less than the time it takes to read a book - you can save three lives. The need for donations, after busy summer months, and heading into the holidays -- is great!
There is a need for a healthy and reliable blood supply. Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood, more than 44,000 blood donations are needed every day and a single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood
You don’t need a special reason to give blood.
You just need your own reason.
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
- Some believe it is the right thing we do.
The American Red Cross gives tips on successful donations:
- Have a light meal and plenty to drink.
- Bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification.
- Bring the names of medications you are taking.
. . . And at your scheduled donation, The American Red Cross says:
- It feels great to donate!
- You get free juice and delicious Keebler® cookies.
- It's something you can spare – most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
You will be someone's hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
Please schedule your donation today!
Register at: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood
Theresa Therens, 847-458-6060 x100, firstname.lastname@example.org