Watch for Evan Jager, Other Local Athletes as Olympics Get Underway
The 2012 summer Olympics will be held from July 28 through Aug. 12 in London.
Evan Jager—a 2007 H.D. Jacobs High School graduate—as well as several other area athletes will get the rare chance to compete in the summer Olympics in London as the games kick off in coming days.
Jager is slated to compete in the 3,000-meter mens steeplechases preliminary heat on Aug. 3 at 1 p.m. London time, which is 7 a.m. central standard time, according to the H.D. Jacobs Booster Club.
The finals for the 3,000-meter steeplechases is scheduled for Aug. 5 at 9:25 a.m. in London, which is 3:25 p.m. central standard time.
The NBC Sports Network should carry all of the Olympics events but the race may not broadcast live, according to the booster club. The summer Olympics in London will be held from July 28 through Aug. 12.
For those watching the Olympics this summer should also keep their eyes peeled for other area athletes from Lake Forest, Riverwoods, Winnetka and Crystal Lake, among other Illinois towns.
According to the Team USA website , the 19 Illinois athletes include:
- Ellis Coleman, Wrestling, Oak Park
- Anthony Davis, Basketball, Chicago
- Conor Dwyer, Swimming, Winnetka
- Matt Grevers, Swimming, Lake Forest
- Evan Jager, Steeplechase, Algonquin
- Amy LePeilbet, Soccer, Crystal Lake
- Candace Parker, Basketball, Naperville
- Bob Willis, Sailing, Chicago
- Christina Loukas, Diving, Riverwoods
- Sarah Zelenka, Rowing, Itasca