Local Deals Abound for Veterans Day
Businesses salute our service men and women with special deals and discounts on Veterans Day.
Several businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women and their families this Veterans Day by offering discounts, specials and promotions.
Below, we've listed some of those specials. If you know of any other discounts or offers by local businesses as well as national chains, please let the community know by posting in our comments' section.
- Applebee’s — Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active service members. This year, Applebee’s is offerring a free signature entree to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Chili’s: Chili’s is offering all military veterans and service men and women a choice from of one of seven meals. This offer is available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on November 11, 2012 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service. Visit their website to find locations.
- Denny’s: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Outback Steakhouse: Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel with ID.
- Texas Roadhouse: Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate a free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for all veterans — including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID required.
- T.G.I. Friday’s: T.G.I. Friday's is offering a free lunch for all U.S. military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
- The Olive Garden: The Olive Garden is offering a free entree for veterans and active duty military on Sunday, November 11 during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées include freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. The offer is good in U.S. and Canada; proof of service required.
- 7-Eleven: 7-Eleven is offering a free Slurpee on Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012 from from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 to Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including November 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards can receive 10 percent off their purchases.
- Big Lots: Veterans, active duty, retired and reserve military personnel and their immediate family members can get 10 percent off with valid ID.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: To celebrate Veterans Day, the store is offering 20 percent off a purchase when guests present a valid military ID.
- Amazon.com: A free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor” is available at Amazon on Veterans Day. You can download the album here. The album will be full price again starting Nov. 12).
- Sports Authority: All veterans and military personnel will receive 15 percent off at Sports Authority stores on Nov. 11, 2012. Proper identification or proof of service is needed at check-out to receive this special offer.
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free addmission to all on Veterans Day.