LITH Police Conduct Tobacco Compliance Checks
The Lake in the Hills Police Department checked businesses in recent weeks.
Ten LITH businesses that sell cigarettes passed the police department's compliance test in recent weeks.
All of the businesses checked by the Lake in the Hills Police Department on Nov. 19 were found to be following state and local minimum-age tobacco laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco to minors, according to a news release.
A grant awarded by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission made the checks possible.
Mark Mogan, LITH Police Department's supervisor for investigations, says the department checks all businesses with a tobacco license at least once a year.
The businesses that were checked and passed compliance tests include:
- Walgreens, 100 N. Randall Road
- Convenient Food Mart, 2126 W. Algonquin Road
- 7-Eleven, 4500 W. Algonquin Road
- Dominicks, 101 N. Randall Road
- Cigarettes Depot, 162 N. Randall Road
- Mobil on the Run, 101 Pyott Road
- Thorntons; 2265 W. Algonquin Road
- Hills Food & Liquor, 9451 Ackman Road
- CVS Pharmacy, 4511 Algonquin Road
- Park and Shop Food and Liquor, 4581 Princeton Lane