The Lake in the Hills Police Department announces the recent results of its tobacco compliance checks that were held the past week.
These compliance checks are performed to determine if local tobacco retailers are complying with state and local minimum-age tobacco laws which prohibit the sale of tobacco to minors.
With the help from a grant awarded by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission’s “Kids Can’t Buy ‘Em Here” Tobacco Enforcement Program, Lake in the Hills has been educating tobacco retailers on minimum-age tobacco laws and the importance of verifying the age of their customers while conducting compliance checks of area tobacco retailers.
A total of eleven retailers were inspected and all of them were found to be compliant.
The Lake in the Hills Police Department would like to commend the following retailers who passed this round of compliance checks and thank them for their cooperation in this very important effort:
- Walgreens, 100 N. Randall Road
- Convenient Food Mart, 2126 W. Algonquin Road
- 7-Eleven, 4500 W. Algonquin Road
- Dominicks, 101 N. Randall Road
- Cigarettes Depot, 162 N. Randall Road
- Bucky’s Express, 101 Pyott Road
- Thorntons; 2265 W. Algonquin Road
- Hills Liquor, 9451 Ackman Road
- CVS Pharmacy, 4511 Algonquin Road
- Park and Shop Food and Liquor, 4581 Princeton Lane
- LITH Liquor, 461 N. Randall Road
Source: Lake in the Hills Police Department