A light and sirens parade as well as several other activities are planned for this Sunday from 8 a.m. 4 p.m. at Sunset Park as part of a fund-raiser for the Lake in the Hills Explorer Post #1096.
The Explorers are made up of students ages 14 to 21 years old who have an interest in law enforcement and assist the Lake in the Hills Police Department in various capacities, according to Pete Albanese, a police officer with the Lake in the Hills Police Department.
"This is their main fundraiser for the year that is to assist them in purchasing equipment and traveling expenses to competitions where they compete against other law enforcement posts in different types of police situations," according to an e-mail from Albanese.
A lights and sirens parade begins at 10 a.m. New and old police and fire vehicles will be in the parade.
The parade starts at Miller and Springlake roads and travels west to Sunset Park where the vehicles are parked, and the music and food will be provided.
Some of the other events scheduled for Sunday include:
- The fire department wll be there with the jaws of life
- State Farm will be on scene with the roll over simulator
- Berg Toys Chicago will be on sight displaying their pedal carts
- General RV will be bringing out a couple of campers
- Fisker Carma, a $100,000 electric vehicle, will be on display
- Harley Davidson will conduct a precision driving demo
- Union Pacific will be on hand with handouts
- The Army and Marines will each have a display vehicle