The football team of your choice might not be playing in this year's Super Bowl but that doesn't mean you shouldn't head out to grab a beer and watch the game — or at least the commercials.
We've compiled a list of bars worth checking out this Super Bowl Sunday. We've included specials for the bars that have listed drink or food deals on the business's website or Facebook page.
Did we forget your bar — or your specials? Let us and McHenry County Patch.com readers know why you think your business is worth heading out to this Super Bowl by commenting below.
These bars will be offering the following specials:
- Moretti's Ristorante & Pizzeria, 220 N. Randall Road, Lake in the Hills
As a part of Moretti's "Super Party," the bar and restaurant will have $2 Miller Lite drafts, $3.50 Miller Lite aluminum pints and $10 1-topping, 16-inch thin-crust large pizzas. Moretti's is holding a contest on its Facebook page and will give out a $100 gift certificate to the person(s) who guess the correct score of the Super Bowl. You can post your guess on Moretti's Facebook page.
- Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen, 110 N. Main St., Crystal Lake
Duke's will be offering $5 pitchers of lite/Coors Lite, $4 bomb shots and lunchbox shots, $2 PBR cans, $5 PBR and shots of whiskey and $5 Long Islands, according to the restaurant's website. Duke's will be tapping a special brew of beer, Dogfish Head Birches Brew, at kickoff, according to the Duke's Facebook page.
- Finn McCool's, 72 N. Williams St., Crystal Lake
Finn McCool's will have $3.75 Miller Lite aluminum pints, $3.50 screwdrivers and Long Islands and $3.99 half-pound burger with fries during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
Here are some other great places to check out the game:
- Thirst Whale, 1700 S. Randall Road, Algonquin
- Parkside Pub, 11721 E. Main St., Huntley
- Wool Street Grill & Sports Bar, 800 Feinberg St., Cary
- Tracks Bar & Grill, 108 W. Main St., Cary
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 461 South Randall Road, Algonquin, and 5755 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake
- Fire Bar & Grill, 435 Angela Lane, Crystal Lake